To be honest I would always hear people greeting people but don’t know exactly what Thanksgiving is about. If you’ve read my ‘About’ page you’ll know I am from the other side of the planet. So I googled it and found out its not just about the turkey.. (Of course I cut this short already) it’s a day of giving thanks for the blessing of harvest. Now I’m thinking, what are the things I am thankful of for the past 30 years.
1) Being alive – this one can be a bit tricky, life can both be a joy and a pain but if you are sharing it with people who makes it worth living, then being alive isn’t so bad after all. To see the world, to help people grow, to do a little something to make other people’s life a bit easier, to inspire, to dance, to laugh, to dream, to love; all these things are my driving force to keep it going even if things can be too hard too often.
2) Good health – although I’ve mentioned in my previous post that I’ve been quite sickly this year I am more thankful about my family’s than mine. Atleast they are healthy enough to take care of me haha!
3) My job – to have something you find joy (and annoyance) in doing and get a little something from it at the end of the month, who would complain?! Whilst there are bazillion other things I’d rather do, you just learn to love something you’ve invested so much in don’t you?
4) My faith – it’s easy to believe in something you see but quite the opposite in something you don’t. You pray and then you believe. I never saw myself to be where I am right now but I got here, I worked hard to be here and I had faith that one day I will be here. There were plenty of disappointments, setbacks, heartbreaks but all these things just made me hold on to the faith that tomorrow will be different it will be better it will be happier and it did. It always does.
5) My family – I am a difficult person to deal with that I imagine loving me can be a chore sometimes. But they stood by me and for that I am thankful.
And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is Love.
What makes you happy on Thanksgiving? 🙂